Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Vertigo Tour, Twickenham Stadium, London 18 June 2005




4 years since I last saw them and I couldn't wait! I can't believe I even entertained the idea of flogging my tickets on ebay, shame on me! The concert was sold out and it was a bright sunny summer's day - dare I say it - a Beautiful Day even. They kicked off and ended with Vertigo which was ingenious I thought. In between, I had tears in my eye when Bono went "I wrote this for my father and I miss him very much" before going in to "Sometimes You can't Make It On Your Own" (yes I am that sad), I wailed along to "All I Want Is You", the whole Zoo TV/Achtung Baby set just drove me mental and for some reason, the beginning tribal bit before they broke into "Love and Peace or Else" still plays in my mind. I left fulfilled and with a sore threat. The only regret I had was not getting a ticket for the second night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home